Banana Crunch Muffins Recipe
—Chelsea Ferguson, Holdrege, Nebraska
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium ripe banana
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups banana nut cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, mash three of the bananas; stir in egg substitute, oil and yogurt. Coarsely chop the remaining banana; fold into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cereal on each. Top with remaining batter until the cups are three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 dozen.
One muffin equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC