Banana Crunch Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium ripe banana
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups banana nut cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, mash three of the bananas; stir in egg substitute, oil and yogurt. Coarsely chop the remaining banana; fold into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cereal on each. Top with remaining batter until the cups are three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 161 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Banana Crunch Muffins
"beautiful muffins, light on taste, flat flavor, everyone said "blah""