—Chelsea Ferguson, Holdrege, Nebraska
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium ripe banana
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups banana nut cereal, coarsely crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, mash three of the bananas; stir in egg substitute, oil and yogurt. Coarsely chop the remaining banana; fold into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cereal on each. Top with remaining batter until the cups are three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Crunch Muffins in Country Woman July/August 1995, p36
Reviews for Banana Crunch Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"beautiful muffins, light on taste, flat flavor, everyone said "blah""