- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium ripe banana
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups banana nut cereal, coarsely crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In a small bowl, mash three of the bananas; stir in egg substitute, oil and yogurt. Coarsely chop the remaining banana; fold into yogurt mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cereal on each. Top with remaining batter until the cups are three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Crunch Muffins in Country Woman July/August 1995, p36
Reviews for Banana Crunch Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"beautiful muffins, light on taste, flat flavor, everyone said "blah""