Banana Crumb Snack Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Crumb Snack Cake(12)
Sort By :
This is quite possibly the best thing you could ever make with bananas! I substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream this time and liked it even more. It does take a little longer to bake than stated, so maybe two 8X8 pans would be better. Love the almond flavor with banana. It also freezes well.
Yummy! I needed a new way to use up some overripe bananas and this recipe was definitely the way to go. What a great change from the usual option of banana bread. Took this cake to work and my coworkers couldn't get enough. The almonds add a nice crunch, but you can also leave them off and just use the brown sugar as a topping and it comes out just as delicious!
Thiis was better than a heavy banana muffin, nice and light and the crunchy topping is divine! I added 5 bananas and baked it in 2 square pans for 40 minutes.
As the top pastry chef for my church, I found this item to be a top seller and favorite at our annual bake sales.
Easy and quick to make; delicious to eat. I used walnuts and vanilla extract in place of slivered almonds and almond extract. We loved it served with whipped topping for dessert.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Banana Coffee Cake >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >