Banana Crumb Snack Cake Recipe
Combining banana and almonds in this moist cake is a treat for your taste buds. Enjoy it for breakfast or surprise the kids by putting it in their lunch boxes on the first day of school. Gina Buzzell, Ogden, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chips.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC