Banana Crumb Snack Cake Recipe
Combining banana and almonds in this moist cake is a treat for your taste buds. Enjoy it for breakfast or surprise the kids by putting it in their lunch boxes on the first day of school. Gina Buzzell, Ogden, Iowa
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after each addition. Fold in chips.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC