- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine the first three topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Crumb Muffins
"Excellent topping! Made 11 muffins. I baked them at 350 for 17 minutes. I reduced the sugar to a little less than 2/3 cup, but still found the muffins to be too sweet. I will definitely make them again with less sugar and will add nuts. This is a keeper!"
"These muffins turned out great and I made everything according to the directions. I did a tsp of cinnamon and vanilla extract for some added flavour. This recipe is definitely a keeper."
"What a light muffin! A flavorful light cupcake-like muffin topped with delicious crumble. This simple recipe delivered on a great crumb top. They looked pretty and kept nice for a few days. Great for a mid-morning snack. Made according to directions, using paper-lined cupcake wrappers. Tasty treat!"
"I have used this recipe for over 15 years as a go to for my over ripe bananas. They are delicious! I triple the cinnamon because my hubby loves cinnamon."
"Made these for a camping weekend with friends ,they did not last long. People of all ages love these muffins. Thanks for sharing these recipes."