- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- Fresh raspberries and orange peel strips, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk first six ingredients until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fill a 1/4-cup measure halfway with batter; pour into center of pan. Quickly lift, tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook crepe until top appears dry; turn over and cook 15-20 seconds until bottom is cooked. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan as needed. When cool, crepes may be stacked between waxed paper or paper towels.
- Place first four sauce ingredients in a skillet; bring to a boil. Add bananas; heat through over medium heat.
- To serve, top each crepe with a warm banana half and roll up. Serve with sauce. If desired, top with raspberries and orange peel strips. Yield: 12 crepes.
Reviews for Banana Crepes
"love it! so easy to make :)"
"love it! so easy :)"
"Tasty, elegant breakfast. This is a fave!"
"two thumbs up!"
"I didn't use the filling but the crepes themselves were great and quicker than the average recipe."
"So yummy, easy"
"Great recipe. We cut up the banana and added black berries. My husband had his with pinapple and the sauce was a little thin so we put 2 tbs cornstarch to thinken it up. Came out fantastic."
"My hunsband love it ... so delicius."
"These are absolutely incredible. easy to make and delicious. I found this recipe in an old Taste of Home which I've lost so I'm glad to find it here."