- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For sauce, combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Add bananas to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place one banana half in the center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style. Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce. Yield: 12 crepes.
Originally published as Banana Crepes in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p18
Reviews for Banana Crepes(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Banana Crepes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Crepes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >