Banana Crepes Recipe
Freda Becker of Garrettsville, Ohio likes to serve this impressive treat at parties. Pleasant banana-orange flavor makes it great for dinner or brunch.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- 2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- 3. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. For sauce, combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Add bananas to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 5. Place one banana half in the center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style. Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce. Yield: 12 crepes.
1 serving (2 each) equals 448 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Crepes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC