Banana Crepes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt. Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- 2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- 3. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. For sauce, combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Add bananas to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 5. Place one banana half in the center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style. Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce. Yield: 12 crepes.
2 each: 448 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Banana Crepes
"love it! so easy to make :)"
"love it! so easy :)"
"Tasty, elegant breakfast. This is a fave!"
"two thumbs up!"
"I didn't use the filling but the crepes themselves were great and quicker than the average recipe."
"So yummy, easy"
"Great recipe. We cut up the banana and added black berries. My husband had his with pinapple and the sauce was a little thin so we put 2 tbs cornstarch to thinken it up. Came out fantastic."
"My hunsband love it ... so delicius."
"These are absolutely incredible. easy to make and delicious. I found this recipe in an old Taste of Home which I've lost so I'm glad to find it here."