Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large firm bananas
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to the pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter and vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice the bananas into pastry shell; pour custard over top. Spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds. Chill for 6-8 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Pie(30)
Sort By :
I'm a a mildly experienced baker. Usually my creations a really good or extremely mediocre. Anyhow it is my darling boyfriend's birthday tommorrow and his favorite pie is, u'd guess'd it, Mom's Banana Cream Pie! I was sorta nervous of screwing this up majorly, such as scalded the pudding or that the pudding wouldn't thicken but it is now cooling on my stove and it is Delicious and beauitful. I love vanilla, like A LOT, but my taste tester (Auntie Ruth) said that it has a tiny bit to much vanilla (I used a tsp, so mybe ya'll can try 1/2 tsp). Also, I used cream top whole milk to up to richness factor (of course and why not?, this is banana CREAM PIE not Banana low fat pie, hehe) Anyhow, I can't wait to assemble it and see my sweetheart's face. I'll bet he'll eat the entire pie. This was so easy and I would definetly make again.
Amazing! I'd never made a cream pie before, so I was a little nervous, but it turned out perfect! Made it for Easter, and everyone loved it! Will definitely be keeping this recipe for future use.
Excellent! Will be adding to my favorites box. My husband doesn't really like the taste of bananas but he really enjoyed tasting this pie recipe as is! This recipe is a definite keeper!
I KNOW how to cook. I followed this recipe to the T!!! Turned out like soup. Fail!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Banana Cream Pie Recipes >
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >