Banana Cream Pie
This pie is full of old-fashioned flavor and stirs up in no time using instant vanilla pudding and ready-made crust.Perlene Hoekema, Lynden, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes
- (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana
- slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped
- topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (prepared with fat-free milk, sugar-free pudding mix, reduced-fat whipped topping and a reduced-fat graham cracker crust) equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a