Banana Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Whipped topping and additional banana slices, optional
- Place butter in a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Heat, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in crumbs and sugar until combined.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of plate. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until crust is firm and holds together. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg yolks. Gradually return to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cook 30-60 seconds longer or until bubbly, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir in the butter, vanilla and salt until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Arrange bananas in crust. Top with filling. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping and additional bananas if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Pie(3)
Sort By :
Going to make this
Quick, easy to make and tastes so good! Thank you for this great recipe! The second time I made this I added some sliced toasted almonds to the top just for an added texture and both ways taste good!
Very easy! Everyone in my family loved it. Next time I will make more
More Recipe Collections
- Banana Cream Pie Recipes >
- Banana Pie Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Graham Cracker Crust Pies >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >