Banana Cream Pie
Being diabetic doesn't stop me from having "sweets". This pie is simply delicious.Lila Case, Bella Vista, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2
- minutes or until soft-set. Stir in sour cream until smooth. Fold in
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Place half of the banana slices in the crust; top with half of the
- pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Spread with remaining whipped
- topping. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving (pie will be soft-
- set). Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 260 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.