Banana Cream Parfait
Ordinary ingredients like graham cracker crumbs and sliced bananas really dress up plain pudding. I like to serve these parfaits for casual dinners as well as for formal dining.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
- 4 maraschino cherries, optional
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, using the 2 cups
- cold milk.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs into each of four parfait
- or dessert glasses. Top crumbs with 1/4 cup prepared pudding and
- half of the banana slices. Repeat layers of crumbs, pudding and
- banana slices.
- Garnish each dessert with whipped cream and a cherry if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 263 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.