Ordinary ingredients like graham cracker crumbs and sliced bananas really dress up plain pudding. I like to serve these parfaits for casual dinners as well as for formal dining.
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream
- 4 maraschino cherries, optional
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, using the 2 cups cold milk.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs into each of four parfait or dessert glasses. Top crumbs with 1/4 cup prepared pudding and half of the banana slices. Repeat layers of crumbs, pudding and banana slices.
- Garnish each dessert with whipped cream and a cherry if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Parfait in Country Woman January/February 1991, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Parfait
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2014
"Excellent, Quick and easy dessert"