- Insert a 3/4-in. round tip into a pastry bag; add dough. Pipe 3-in.
- strips about 3 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400°
- for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard
- soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and
- vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, mash bananas;
- gently fold in whipped cream. Spoon into eclairs; replace tops.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter and
- vanilla. Add enough water to make a thin glaze. Spread over eclairs.
- Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.