Banana Cream Dessert
WHEN OUR DAUGHTER was at Lehigh University, the school held a recipe contest for "old home-cooking" dishes.
Tamie's meal won, and this recipe was part of the menu. For her prize, she was served her dinner in the university's Presidential Dining Room with five of her friends. It was an evening she'll always remember.
-Nancy Walters, Ft. Myers, Florida
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed peanut brittle, divided
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 4 to 6 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and continue
- beating just until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3/4 cup peanut brittle
- and the bananas. Spoon into individual dessert dishes.
- Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining peanut brittle and top each
- with a cherry. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 249 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now