Banana Cream Dessert Recipe
WHEN OUR DAUGHTER was at Lehigh University, the school held a recipe contest for "old home-cooking" dishes. Tamie's meal won, and this recipe was part of the menu. For her prize, she was served her dinner in the university's Presidential Dining Room with five of her friends. It was an evening she'll always remember. -Nancy Walters, Ft. Myers, Florida
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed peanut brittle, divided
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 4 to 6 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and continue beating just until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3/4 cup peanut brittle and the bananas. Spoon into individual dessert dishes.
- 2. Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining peanut brittle and top each with a cherry. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 249 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Banana Cream Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC