WHEN OUR DAUGHTER was at Lehigh University, the school held a recipe contest for "old home-cooking" dishes. Tamie's meal won, and this recipe was part of the menu. For her prize, she was served her dinner in the university's Presidential Dining Room with five of her friends. It was an evening she'll always remember. -Nancy Walters, Ft. Myers, Florida
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed peanut brittle, divided
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 4 to 6 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and continue beating just until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3/4 cup peanut brittle and the bananas. Spoon into individual dessert dishes.
- Chill for 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining peanut brittle and top each with a cherry. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Dessert in Reminisce July/August 1995, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2012
"It might be that I had to substitute honey roasted peanuts in place of the peanut brittle, but this dessert was rather bland."