- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust; top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Excellent!! Made it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everyone loved it!"
"Delicious & easy!"
"This is the first time I prepared this recipe! I DID use 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar with the graham cracker crumbs and I did use the 1/2 cup melted butter! I DID use 1 9"springform pan-I did not grease the pan, but I DID bake the crust for 5 minutes!I added 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the cream cheese and sugar which I'dbeaten 5 minutes on medium speed. I DID use the measurements for the whipped topping and the 4 bananas, sliced (they were firm) and I used the amount of milk called for-I had combined WHOLE milk with balance of 2% milk to equal 1-3/4 cups! I was fortunate to have the banana cream pudding mix (Instant) and I layered 1/2 the banana layers in the crust, topped with 1/2 of cream cheese mixture and repeated the layers, then prepared the pudding with the milk. I folded 2 cups of the whipped topping into cream cheese mixture and I folded balance of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture, poured over the cream cheese layer and sprinkled with reserved crumbs. I did allow this dessert to remain in refrigerator until completely set! I plan to use it for one of the departments at the local hospital where I volunteer! I hadneeded a banana recipe for the Cook's Corner Recipe Ingredient Challenge for this week, so I decided to test this recipe out! I am sure that it will be a recipe for me to use time and again! Thank you, Margie Snodgrass, for sharing your recipe! delowenstein P.S. This cheesecake IS delicious! I allowed the cheesecake to keep chilled at least overnight and on 9/28/14, I used a sharp chef-style knife and a serrated pie server to slice this cheesecake. The filling WAS soft, BUT the slices stayedintact!"
"why is my cake still runny after staying in the fridge for 10 hours? I wish someone can tell me why."
"I have made this for years... You can put it in a prepared graham crust if you don't want to make a crust and this is great for when you need to take something somewhere and you don't have to worry about your pan. You can also buy instant cheesecake pudding mix."