"Whenever I make this creamy banana pie topped with a thick strawberry sauce, everyone looks forward to dessert," shares Zahra Sulemanji of Houston, Texas. "The recipe was passed on to me by my mother-in-law."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine bananas and lemon juice; stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and food coloring if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Cheese Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review