"Whenever I make this creamy banana pie topped with a thick strawberry sauce, everyone looks forward to dessert," shares Zahra Sulemanji of Houston, Texas. "The recipe was passed on to me by my mother-in-law."
Recommended: 35 Recipes that Use Up Ripe Bananas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Combine bananas and lemon juice; stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in strawberries and food coloring if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Drizzle some over pie. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining topping. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Cheese Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2013
"This is fantastic. My family loves it"
Reviewed May. 27, 2008
"This pie is so easy to make and my family loved it. My son said he just couldn't quit eating."