- 1 package (15 ounces) cream-filled sponge cakes
- 5 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Additional sliced bananas and strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Slice each cake widthwise into eight slices; set aside. Place bananas and orange juice in a bowl; gently stir to coat. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the pineapple, milk and pudding mix; beat on low speed until blended. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Line bottom and sides of a 4-qt. glass trifle bowl with half of the cake slices. Arrange a third of the banana slices and strawberries against the sides of bowl. Carefully spoon half of the pudding mixture into the bowl. Arrange half of the remaining bananas and strawberries around bowl. Add the remaining cake, bananas, strawberries and pudding in the center of bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, spread with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional bananas and strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Cake Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p95
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Cake Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review