Banana Cream Brownie Dessert
I always keep the ingredients for this extremely delicious dessert on hand because I make it quite often for potlucks and family gatherings. I'm always asked for the recipe. After one bite, you'll understand why.
-Julie Nowakowski, LaSalle , Illinois
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1-2/3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like
- brownies. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange in a single layer over brownies. Sprinkle with
- 1/4 cup chips and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2
- minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over the top. Sprinkle with
- remaining chips and peanuts. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.