- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1-2/3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanuts. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice bananas; arrange in a single layer over brownies. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chips and 1/4 cup peanuts.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over the top. Sprinkle with remaining chips and peanuts. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Banana Cream Brownie Dessert
"Ditto, KGosh......needs more banana. First thing my husband said was "Why didn't you use banana pudding?" I will make this again but with banana pudding!"
"Very good and very easy! It's always nice to find a delicious recipe that amps up boxed brownie mix. I think next time, though, I'll use banana cream pudding mix instead of vanilla. There wasn't quite enough banana flavor for me!"
"The recipe sounds wonderful. This note is to the poster from Australia who cannot find Cool Whip. May I suggest Dream Whip mix in a box. We used Dream Whip for years before Cool Whip came on the market. It is simple to make if you can find the product. Good luck."
"This is fantastic. The first time we had it I wasn't all the excited as I don't care for bananas or nuts but wow-this is the dessert to change my mind! Delish."
"Should the packages of instant vanilla pudding mix be 1.5 oz each or is it really 5.1 oz each?"
"I've made this receipe several times. I have received nothing but kudos. There's usually not much of it left when I've made it for potlucks or family gatherings."
"You can use Heavy Whipping Cream or Half n Half....just whip it up and add sugar and a lil vanila"
"Try using whipped cream."
"I live in Australia and they don't sell frozen whipped topping here ...what can I use in place of this?? I emailed kraft and asked for them to try and promote cool whip over here but they weren't interested.Cheers,Pam"