Banana Cranberry Dessert Recipe
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 44 wafers), divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Sprinkle 1 cup wafer crumbs in an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over crumbs and spread to cover. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the bananas, cranberries and sugar. Spread over pecans. In a large bowl, beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit layer. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cups: 503 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Banana Cranberry Dessert
"I use cool whip in place of the heavy whipping cream and I use half can of condensed milk."