This cool, creamy dessert prompts recipe requests whenever I take it to covered-dish. The mellow flavor of bananas complements the texture of cranberries. — Zelda Patterson, Grand Prairie, Texas
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 44 wafers), divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Sprinkle 1 cup wafer crumbs in an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour over crumbs and spread to cover. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, cranberries and sugar. Spread over pecans. In a large bowl, beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over fruit layer. Sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cranberry Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p150
Reviews for Banana Cranberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2010
"I use cool whip in place of the heavy whipping cream and I use half can of condensed milk."