Banana Colada Sundaes
"This is my number one standby when I don't have much time to prepare a dessert, but still want to wow my guests. Smiling, satisfied faces are guaranteed!
Kristin Kossak, Bozeman, Montana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, orange juice
- and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or
- until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from
- the heat; stir in extract.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup ice cream with 1/4 cup banana mixture and 1 tablespoon coconut equals 398 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.