- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Colada Sundaes in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p22
Reviews for Banana Colada Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2010
"Banana colada sundaes are delicious and one my family uses for special occasions only. They taste so good, we share any time we can. They're a keeper and going in my recipe box."