You're sure to go bananas over this yummy coffee cake topped with cinnamon, sugar and pecans. "This recipe is so delicious that a local pecan grower asked permission to use it in one of his brochures," recalls Georgia Courtney from Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Banana Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking December 2000, p39
Reviews for Banana Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review