Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Coffee Cake(7)
Sort By :
This was easy to make and delicious!
Easy and tasty!
I noptice the distinct lack of Coffee in this "Banana Coffee Cake" recipe.
Seems odd those who rated it before hadn't point this out!!!!!!
The only modification I made was to use lower fat cream cheese; it turned out really good - nice and moist with good banana flavor. I would like to try this with walnuts instead of pecans and to make a middle cinnamon layer.
Note: Using a 9x13 pan and the recommended temperature, this recipe took more like 35 minutes to set in the middle so the toothpick came out clean.
I do not cook or bake much, but I had all the ingredients on hand. This recipe was so easy to make. My family and a few visitors who stopped by absolutely loved it. Everyone has asked for the recipe. This was certainly a hit!