Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"Everything a coffee cake should be. What a nice alternative to using up those bananas that get a little too ripe."
"I always find it amusing when people still think that coffee cake refers to a cake made with coffee. Either they have never had a grandmother or mother who baked much or lived in a place where baked goods are rare. A coffee cake is simply a cake of the quick bread nature which is meant to be eaten with a cup of coffee. U. Chef, there is no coffee here because it is not meant to have it. Every nationality has a version of such a cake. In this recipe, Georgia Courtney has given us a beautiful example of how a great coffee cake and a good cup of coffee can really make your day."
"This was easy to make and delicious!"
"Easy and tasty!"
"I noptice the distinct lack of Coffee in this "Banana Coffee Cake" recipe.Seems odd those who rated it before hadn't point this out!!!!!!"