Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Banana Coffee Cake(9)
Sort By :
Everything a coffee cake should be. What a nice alternative to using up those bananas that get a little too ripe.
I always find it amusing when people still think that coffee cake refers to a cake made with coffee. Either they have never had a grandmother or mother who baked much or lived in a place where baked goods are rare. A coffee cake is simply a cake of the quick bread nature which is meant to be eaten with a cup of coffee. U. Chef, there is no coffee here because it is not meant to have it. Every nationality has a version of such a cake. In this recipe, Georgia Courtney has given us a beautiful example of how a great coffee cake and a good cup of coffee can really make your day.
This was easy to make and delicious!
Easy and tasty!
I noptice the distinct lack of Coffee in this "Banana Coffee Cake" recipe.
Seems odd those who rated it before hadn't point this out!!!!!!