- buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in pecans if desired. Pour into two
- greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle each with
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done; loosely
- cover with foil during the last 10 minutes of baking. Cool in pans
- 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack, coconut side up.
- In a bowl, cream shortening and butter. Add remaining frosting
- ingredients. Mix on low until combined; beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Place one cake layer, coconut side down, on a cake plate; spread
- with some of the frosting. Top with second layer, coconut side up;
- frost sides and 1 in. around top edge of cake, leaving coconut
- center showing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 589 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.