Banana Cocoa Smoothies Recipe
With its chocolaty twist, this frothy concoction appeals to folks of all ages, assures Anne Yaeger of Houston, Texas. The zippy sipper is a great way to ensure youngsters get plenty of calcium-packed yogurt and milk, too.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 medium ripe banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate drink mix
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 155 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC