Banana Cocoa Brownies Recipe
—Rebecca Luginbill, Pandora, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oats and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, bananas, sugars, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oat mixture.
- 2. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
One brownie equals 51 calories, 57 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC