—Rebecca Luginbill, Pandora, Ohio
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine oats and boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, bananas, sugars, oil and vanilla until blended. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oat mixture.
- Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Cocoa Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2000, p36
Reviews for Banana Cocoa Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2010
"Very moist brownie. A bit heavy on the sugar, so I think I would cut the amount next time, but this is a personal preference."