Banana Citrus Sorbet
A friend who loved to entertain gave me the recipe for this lovely sorbet. Serving it as a refreshing special course adds a bit of elegance to my favorite meal. If you don't have an ice cream freezer, put the mixture into ice cube trays and stir occasionally while freezing. Mix in a blender when ready to serve.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 20 min./batch + freezing
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- Place lemon juice and bananas in blender; cover and process until
- smooth. Add sugar; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a
- large bowl; stir in water and orange juice.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until
- ready to freeze. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4
- hours before serving. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Yield: 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 168 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.