Banana Chocolate Parfaits
Chocolate and banana pair in this creamy combination from our Test Kitchen. With chocolate pudding and a crunchy chocolate topping, these pretty parfaits are sure to satisfy any craving.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 8 chocolate wafers, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice; let stand for 5
- minutes. In another bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2
- minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain bananas. Place half of the banana slices in eight parfait
- glasses; layer with pudding mixture, whipped topping, chocolate
- wafer crumbs and remaining banana slices. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.