Banana Chocolate Parfaits Recipe
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 8 chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice; let stand for 5 minutes. In another bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- 2. Drain bananas. Place half of the banana slices in eight parfait glasses; layer with pudding mixture, whipped topping, chocolate wafer crumbs and remaining banana slices. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 parfait: 183 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Parfaits
"I used Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. These tasted good but I don't think Im a huge fan of bananas & chocolate so I 'll have to try it with a different fruit maybe mangos or strawberries."
"The Co. Bernardinmakes a product called Fruit-Fresh,I have used it for years with no problems. It keeps all fruits and vegies from turning brown,doing your job in this case with no lemon flavour,if thats what you prefer, Personally, we felt it gave that nip perfectly.Hopefully you would try that idea, to keep the bananas clear.."
"I'm attending w.w. classes at this time and it was excellently approved. Forgotten the points today but very low and so tasty. I used butterscotch and made pecan crumbles for topping."
"Used crushed Oreos or a box of crushed chocolate graham crumbs can be found in baking isle of grocery store next to boxed regular graham cracker crumbs. Recipe sounds delish! Must try it! RM"
"Haven't made this yet because I couldn't fine chocolate wafers at my grocery store. Are they like chocolate graham crackers perhaps? I checked the entire cookie section and cracker section with no luck."
"Made this for a co-worker's birthday today - received many compliments. I'm a little iffy on soaking the bananas in the lemon juice, as I thought it gave them a funny flavor. Next time will play around with a different fruit - possibly strawberries? Overall, loved it!"