Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
English toffee bits add a buttery crunch to this cool and creamy layered pie created by our Test Kitchen.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for
- another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half
- into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Sprinkle toffee bits over crust;
- layer with banana and pudding. Spread with whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: We do not recommend substituting sugar-free pudding mix in this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 339 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium,