Banana Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Sprinkle toffee bits over crust; layer with banana and pudding. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 339 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.