Banana Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Sprinkle toffee bits over crust; layer with banana and pudding. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 339 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Cream Pie
"i just made a banana chocolate cream pie. i used one pkg. regular pudding and one pkg, sugar free. why are you suggesting not using sugar free pudding."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.