Banana Chocolate Coconut Pie Recipe
A friend gave me the recipe for this pie crust, which goes great with a banana filling. My husband and his family are all really big fans of coconut and banana desserts, so I like to make this one for them on special occasions. -Carol Gaus, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, divded
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- Coat a 9-in. pie plate with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Sprinkle 1/3 cup coconut over pie plate; set aside.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining coconut. Carefully press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Arrange bananas in crust. In a bowl, whisk cold milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over bananas. Chill for 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Chocolate Coconut Pie in Reminisce July/August 2005, p49
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Coconut Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review