Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
In Oak Creek, Wisconsin, Lauren Heyn bakes up these yummy treats. Lots of banana flavor and plenty of chocolate chips "disguise" the whole wheat taste in these moist muffins. They're perfect for breakfast or an anytime snack.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 191 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC