- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bananas, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"They looked great, but they weren't sweet enough for me."
"Easy to make, very flavorful I was able to easily make 18...WW pts+ is 3 per muffin (if you get 18 out of batch)"
"Yum-the whole family enjoyed this very yummy treat."
"These were so good!"
"My husband & I are trying to eat healthier, and after tasting these, he said he won't have a problem staying away from the things he shouldn't have! Thanks for this wonderful recipe!"