Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft cookies have a cake-like texture and lots of banana flavor that folks seem to love, promises Vicki Raatz of Waterloo, Wisconsin.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.