- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar substitute and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, dry milk powder, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in bananas.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and edges of cake are just starting to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"Think I will just stick with regular banana bread, to which I add 1/2 to 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips for a more "grown-up" taste. You still get the same chocolate effect minus the cocoa powder. If you want, add a streusel topping, and voila...a great banana bread! It seems odd to add sugar substitute given that you are also using brown sugar. You could decrease the white sugar by substituting 1/2 cup apple sauce for the sugar. It will still taste the same."
"Like a banana split."
"Let me start by saying my Dad HATES bananas but he didn't even taste them (I did add an extra tbsp of Cocoa and some chocolate syrup for this reason). Not completely a cake like texture, but still good."
"This was a super easy cake recipe and it is a WONDERFUL change from banana bread-although it pretty much tastes the same with a little bit of chocolate. Whenever someone needs a cake quick I'll make this! And I didn't use any frosting, but I guarantee you it would only add to the cake!"
"This is easy and wonderful! I didn't have the suger subtitute so I used real suger so that will change the calorie count but I have made this recipe 2 times in about 3 days...Its great!"