Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
This light-as-air chocolate cake from our Test Kitchen has a yummy banana flavor. It’s scrumptious as is, but you can also dress it up with nuts or light frostings.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar substitute and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, dry milk powder, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in bananas.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and edges of cake are just starting to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC