Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9-in. square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Cream butter, sugar substitute and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in water. Whisk together flour, milk powder, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in bananas.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull from sides of pan, 23-28 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 169 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Banana Chocolate Cake
"Think I will just stick with regular banana bread, to which I add 1/2 to 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips for a more "grown-up" taste. You still get the same chocolate effect minus the cocoa powder. If you want, add a streusel topping, and voila...a great banana bread! It seems odd to add sugar substitute given that you are also using brown sugar. You could decrease the white sugar by substituting 1/2 cup apple sauce for the sugar. It will still taste the same."
"Like a banana split."
"This is easy and wonderful! I didn't have the suger subtitute so I used real suger so that will change the calorie count but I have made this recipe 2 times in about 3 days...Its great!"
"Delicious and easy to make. Did not affect my husband's blood sugar level."
"This was nice change to the regular banana cake, very tasty, it was hard to stop at 1 piece so we didn't.I didn't have any dry milk powder so i used FF flavored coffee creamer (powder ) worked well."
"nice to try a different recipe for bananas, turned out to be rather tasty"
"This cake is quick, easy, and satisfies a sweet tooth! Tastes like a moist banana cake with a hint of chocolate in the background. It is light textured and good 'as is' without any topping. I used half whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white to equal the flour measurement. Husband liked his serving in a bowl with some almond milk poured over it. Would also be good with a cream cheese or chocolate or vanilla butter-cream frosting."
"I was very surprised but this was very good !I definately would make it again."