These tender banana muffins are so full of chocolate chips that folks won't realize they're made with wholesome oats and whole wheat flour. Kristine Sims of St Joseph, Michigan likes to bake a batch to enjoy in the morning...or anytime.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in the bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana-Chip Oat Muffins in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p65
Reviews for Banana-Chip Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review