Banana-Chip Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in the bananas, egg, applesauce and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners; fill three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana-Chip Oat Muffins(2)
Sort By :
Delicious! Didn't have applesauce, so I used ab extra tbsp of butter. Also cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup & Choc chips to 1/2 cup. It's a keeper!
Really yummy muffins! I liked the fact that it was very low fat. Since I did not have quite enough bananas for a double batch, I added some extra applesauce as well as 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg for extra flavour. They were loved by all.