Banana-Chip Nut Bread Recipe
Even if you're not following a gluten-free diet, you'll enjoy this delightful bread from our Test Kitchen. The chocolate chips and chopped walnuts are a nice complement to the mild banana flavor.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1-1/2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mashed potato flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg; mix well. In a small bowl, mash banana with buttermilk. Combine the flours, potato flakes, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
1 slice equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC