Banana Chip Muffins
"I combined a few recipes to come up with these banana muffins. The chocolate chips often surprise people who try them," writes Colleen Johnson of Elbridge, New York. "Our four boys make these disappear in a hurry, so I usually double the recipe," she adds.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One muffin (prepared with fat-free milk) equals 232 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 gm cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.