Banana Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat egg, oil and sugar until smooth. Stir in bananas. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Chip Muffins(15)
Sort By :
The black squiggly things in the muffins are the banana's seeds. (Bananas are botanically a berry.)
I made these with blackberries instead of the chocolate chips and used just one banana (that's all I had) and added a bit of juice from canned sweet potatoes. They turned out good, but aren't my best muffin.
I made these and there are black squiggly hair like things in them... Anyone now why?
Pretty good, but didn't wow me. I did a few changes. I used 4 bananas, a heaping 1/2 cup of oats, regular sized chocolate chips, and made it a loaf instead of muffins. I baked it for 45 mins and it needed more, so it cooked for about 15 mins longer. I think I should've cooked it for 10 mins longer instead of 15. Definitely a hearty bread with the oats in it. I'll prolly make again though.
Amazing texture!! Very moist!! Adding these to my Christmas gift baskets for friends, family, and the neighbors!!
The oats in this recipe give it more texture than typical muffins. Love the crunch of the top with the moist chocolately inside!