Banana-Chip Muffin Mix Recipe
Here's a chocolate-dotted version of classic banana bread. Jars of the layered mix always go over big during the holidays. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup M&M's minis or miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer the flour mixture, brown sugar and M&M's. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- 2. To prepare muffins: Place muffin mix in a large bowl. Whisk the bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 muffin equals 87 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC