These cute little minis are packed with banana flavor, chocolate chips and topped off with creamy frosting. They make a great, fast snack when the kids come home from school. —Beverly Coyde, Gasport, New York
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, water, sour cream and egg; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana-Chip Mini Cupcakes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p51
Reviews for Banana-Chip Mini Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review