- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, water, sour cream and egg; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Banana-Chip Mini Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I've made these numerous times and have served them at bunches. They were a huge hit. They are easy to prepare and taste delicious. Definitely five stars."
"Grandkids loved them. Good after school snack. I added a couple bananas to batter - just made them moister."
"In answer to conniejo, if you have bananas that are getting over-ripe, just throw them, peels and all in the freezer. Then when you need a banana in a recipe, just defrost, peel and use -- no bananas wasted!"
"I made this recipe yesterday. The recipe was good, but could use improvement. I would add nuts and fresh bananas for some extra flavor and texture. I have add fresh bananas to cakes and muffins all the time and it has never changed how it has cooked. Although, if the banana chunks are to big or there is to many of them the muffins will fall apart. Also, if you are going to make this recipe, make the icing the night before and leave it at room temperature. It will help the texture. I hope this helps."
"My granddaughter and I made these mini cupcakes and we liked the moistness. Yummy!"