Banana-Chip Mini Cupcakes Recipe
These cute little minis are packed with banana flavor, chocolate chips and topped off with creamy frosting. They make a great, fast snack when the kids come home from school. —Beverly Coyde, Gasport, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, water, sour cream and egg; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 65 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC