- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk, honey and banana. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p30
Reviews for Banana Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2015
"Horrible! I knew it was going to be way too much flour and i should have gone with my instincts. They were like dry biscuits. Wasted all those ingredients plus my time making these."