- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Chip Cake
Sort By :
"was very easy and a great way to use those banana's, sub'd pecans"
"It would get more stars if this was an option.Very easy and soooooooo good."
"Very delicious, moist - just yummy. Husband loved it - took it to a holiday party where it was devoured! Excellent-thank you!"
"This cake was easy to make and was very moist. Everyone loved it!"
"this recipe was very good, nice and moist. kids loved it too!"